Reform city government.
- Streamline government operations to align with our new strategic plan.
- Restructure teams to be focused, lean and nimble.
- Upgrade government tools, resources and infrastructure.
- Modernize data systems and technology.
Invest in people operations.
- Develop a more robust human resources management function, including with respect to recruitment, benefits and incentives, ongoing professional development, performance evaluation and compensation.
Create a culture of innovation.
- Adopt innovation-led approaches and processes.
- Integrate best practices used by private sector companies, including resident-centric design frameworks.
- Create a more communal and collaborative working environment.
Increase transparency and accountability.
- Implement real-time benchmarking/progress calculator for all departments and initiatives.
- Enable real-time resident feedback.
- Create the “NYC Happiness Index” as an annual performance evaluation metric.
Engage private sector.
- Adopt an open innovation model to facilitate greater collaboration with private sector.
- Develop new ways for individuals and companies to fund, invest in and support government-led initiatives and infrastructure development projects, including a Community Co-Funding Platform, Private-Public Partnerships Group and City Endowment Fund.