Improve police community relations.
- Cultivate a culture of compassion, mutual respect, and personal freedom, responsibility and empowerment, particularly with respect to our communities of color, immigrants and religious groups.
- Invest in neighborhood-based policing with community-elected officers and ongoing resident feedback on our practices and performance.
- Improve NYPD transparency and accountability with more robust data collection, analysis and reporting tools, and an independent oversight committee.
- Develop and adopt new policing approaches, techniques and equipment, including non-lethal containment methods, officer body-cameras and on-site drone cameras.
- Address the underlying causes of crime by supporting no and low-income New Yorkers with Universal Basic Income, social welfare programs, and job training and matching programs to drive economic independence.
Overhaul subway and mass transit infrastructure.
- Repair, upgrade and expand our subway and mass transit system, including new signals, cars and stations, with a $25B capital improvement program.
- Develop new modes of transit, including a public point-to-point ride-sharing option.
- Improve service and access for seniors and people with disabilities.
Clean the streets and upgrade city services.
- Modernize our sanitation department and programs.
- Implement new trash disposal processes to eliminate sidewalk trash, bad odors and loud noises from garbage collection.
- Fix potholes and repave roads and sidewalks with more resilient materials.
- Institute 'premium services' program with community crowdfunding platform.
- Create new snow-collection and sidewalk defrosting equipment.
- Repair drainage systems.
Preemptively defend against terror attacks.
- Integrate smart sensors into public spaces to detect and report potential threats, including bombs or harmful substances.
- Collaborate with the private sector, particularly the finance sector, to develop and implement cutting-edge cybersecurity technologies and practices.
Reduce noise pollution.
- Cut down noise levels with new sound-cancelling technologies and silent garbage collection equipment.
Expand parks and recreation programs.
- Develop vertical skyparks to expand recreational facilities and green spaces in densely populated areas.
- Implement a street greenification and pedestrianization plan to accommodate the changing needs of neighborhoods.
- Institute new community-based events and activities, like pop-up waterparks, snowparks and picnics.